Students often don't give enough consideration to studying at TAFE.
TAFE can be a fantastic way to gain practical skills and training in a whole range of career areas. Below you will find information on TAFE in both QLD and NSW:
TAFE in NSW:
Click here to visit the TAFE NSW site and find out more about the courses that are available through TAFE and what it is like to study there.
There are 10 TAFE Institutes that cover NSW and each of these Institutes have multiple campuses. To find information on the closest Institute and campus to where you might want to study, you can use the links below:
- North Coast Institute (covers the North Coast)
- New England Institute (covers Tamworth, Armidale and North West NSW)
- Hunter Institute (covers the Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast)
- Illawarra Institute (covers Wollongong, the South Coast and southern NSW)
- Northern Sydney Institute (covers North and Northwest Sydney)
- Riverina Institute (covers South Western NSW)
- South Western Sydney Institute (covers South West Sydney)
- Sydney Institute (covers Central and Southern Sydney)
- Western Institute (covers all of Western NSW)
- Western Sydney Institute (covers Western Sydney)
You may not know that TAFENSW also offers Degrees and Associate Degrees across many of its campuses .
is the one stop shop for information and enrolment in TAFENSW Higher Education
You are able to gain credit towards your TAFE studies through your HSC subjects. In other words, TAFE will count some parts of your HSC courses towards a TAFE course if the two are similar. This can mean that you won't have to study certain modules of the TAFE course because TAFE deems that you have already completed it at school.
This can often shorten your TAFE course.
To see what credit you can get for your HSC subjects, click here.
TAFE in QLD:
Click here to visit the TAFE QLD site and find out more about the courses that are available through TAFE and what it is like to study there.
There are 6 TAFE Institutes in Queensland. To find information on the closest Institute and campus to where you might want to study, you can use the links below:
Please Note: When you click to go to any of these sites, it will open up a new browser window. When you have finished looking at the site, click the window away, (the little box in the top right hand corner), to return to this page.